Mission Control Partner Connect
The Partner Connect service integrates your business partners into your organization by implementing encrypted connections for secure, reliable and integrity-protected communication. The service then monitors the usage, availability and performance of the business-critical partner connections.
Each connection is an encrypted IPsec tunnel from your organization to your business partner, where the partner's end of the tunnel is intentionally independent of your network. So although you do not have control over your partner's end of the tunnel, the Partner Connect service provides intelligent monitoring, and rates the connection quality. Installation and change management are part of the service, as are 24x7 intervention and incident escalation. On request, Mission Control can handle direct escalations to your business partners.
The benefits of Mission Control Partner Connect are:
Visibility and control
- Status and quality reporting for remote endpoint
- Qualified notification about partner connection status
Fast and easy integration
- Reduced integration complexity
- Straightforward installation
- Change management by Mission Control
- Per partner NAT and IP conflict resolution
- 24x7 intervention and escalation
- Incident handling process is part of Mission Control operations
The Service Delivery Platform used in the Mission Control Partner Connect service is on the Microsoft list of validated VPN devices for Azure.
For more information, see the Microsoft website.
For Partner Connect, the Mission Control Portal distinguishes between three tunnel states:
- up (green): The tunnel is up and everything is fine.
- slow (yellow): The tunnel is up and running, but there is either high packet loss or high RTT (round-trip time).
- down (red): The tunnel is down. The comment field shows the error message about why the tunnel is down (e.g. preshared key mismatch).