Mission Control 24x7 Operations
As an integral part of every Mission Control service, 24x7 Operations secure the availability and stability of critical ICT infrastructures around the clock, 365 days a year. Highly skilled, certified Mission Control engineers monitor your systems proactively and work with your IT staff according to clearly defined processes in order to review and perform global changes that are driven by the dynamic needs of your organization.
The key benefits of 24x7 Operations are:
- 24x7 monitoring and proactive intervention
- Incident handling (according to ITIL standards)
- Security engineer annotations
- Instant notifications via SMS/email
- Compliance with your security policy
- Mission Control Portal with comprehensive ticketing system and real-time view of configuration and operational key figures and statistics
- Partnership with a high availability organization
- Access to a global network of incident response and security teams (FIRST)
Certified by ITIL
The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a customizable framework of best practices that promote quality computing services in the information technology (IT) sector.
ITIL addresses the organizational structure and skill requirements for an IT organization by presenting a comprehensive set of management procedures with which an organization can manage its IT operations. These procedures are supplier independent and apply to all aspects of IT infrastructure.
Mission Control operates according to ITIL standards. The following diagram shows the core processes of Mission Control.
Mission Control Engineers intervene proactively and contact customers and partners after an analysis of system activity and its security impact. Depending on the situation:
- The IT representative at the customer site opens a ticket and indicates the ticket type, i.e. request, maintenance, incident or change.
- Mission Control processes the ticket. Security Engineers coordinate and implement configuration changes and fixes for the customer site.
Customers initiate interaction with Mission Control:
- Clients, users and partners specify their security and policy requirements to selected site IT personnel or IT administrators.
- Then the IT representative opens a ticket and indicates the ticket type, i.e. request, maintenance, incident or change. Additionally, customers can open a purchase order.
- Mission Control processes the ticket. Security Engineers assess the security impact, communicate with the IT contacts at the customer site, and coordinate and implement configuration changes and fixes for the customer site.
Sign-off processes and audit trails are used because they are important to security. Mission Control also regularly evaluates and acts on customer feedback.