Web Application Firewall
Web applications are convenient, flexible and are used frequently. However, they remain vulnerable to attacks at every layer, in spite of the focus on security during development, which means that unauthorized individuals could potentially access sensitive data. In addition, today attack scenarios over the internet are more complex and persistent, while the number of vulnerabilities is on the increase.
The Web Application Firewall is a secure and proven way of protecting web applications from attacks. It provides sustainable, centrally monitored security and a variety of benefits:
- Control of all web access from a central access point, covering every layer and reducing operating costs and dependencies
- Mission Control installs, configures and operates the service and ensures that updates do not disrupt operations
- Compliance requirements are met, while the scope of protection is defined on an individual application basis
- All actions on protected web applications are logged, which maintains auditability and verifiability of business actions
- Web applications and web services deal only with authorized users and valid data traffic, which results in improved performance and availability